Getting a good night’s sleep should never be a distant memory. It’s imperative to clock in a minimum of 7 hours every night for our body and mind to be rested, rejuvenated, and ready to function the next day. While other external factors like sleep environment, diet, exercise, and sleep routine directly impact a person’s sleep, the most influential of all, is always, the mattress. With more and more people complaining of chronic body pains and other illnesses that keep them up all night, the need for a comfortable, supportive, and long-lasting Wakefit mattress is a priority to most. With this, latex mattress online and in stores rocketed to being the number one choice for sleepers for their deep association with comfort, durability, and even eco-friendliness! Read on to know if you too can enjoy healthy, consistent, and high-quality sleep with latex mattresses.
What is a Latex Mattress?
The material latex is a type of rubber that is predominantly used for its elastic property making it respond well to the sleeper’s weight and movement in a mattress. There are three types of latex foams:
- Natural: This type of latex is organically sourced, supportive to the sleeper, and most importantly, eco-friendly. Harvested from rubber trees, the process itself encourages the healthy growth of the trees and is sustainable too. A natural latex mattress is often a favourite among families with small children as the foam does not exude toxic chemicals, is hypoallergenic, and has motion isolation too.
- Synthetic: These are made of rubber imitating plastic called styrene-butadiene rubber (SBR) and are a reasonable alternative to natural latex in mattresses. They share similar features as natural latex and are composed of chemical compounds. Sleepers with a latex allergy can confidently use this type of foam.
- Blended: Blended mattresses contain lesser toxic chemicals as they are a blend of 30 percent natural latex and 70 percent synthetic. Their durability is considered best after a purely natural latex mattress.
How does it feel sleeping on a Latex Mattress?
Latex as a material has a ‘bouncy’ feel owing to its natural responsive property. Lie down on one of these mattresses and you can instantly feel a soft sink in followed by gentle buoyant support. The push back stops the sleeper from feeling like a ‘rolling whale’ in bed and instead offers quick control. Latex mattresses are quick to regain shape too, so no matter what shape, size, and weight you are, these mattresses are extremely comfortable to sleep in.
What are the benefits of sleeping on a Latex Mattress?
There are no generic mattress guidelines that will suit your specific issues when it comes to picking a mattress that’s right for you. Every sleeper has different support requirements based on their sleep profile and body type. Choosing one that keeps your spine healthy, is durable, and comfortable are the basic benefits that any mattress should offer you. Sleeping on a natural latex mattress can encourage a disturbance-free, healthy sleep while offering comfort and support throughout the sleep experience. Here are some other key benefits:
- Durability: Latex mattresses are highly durable. Made from a rubber tree sap, they barely lose potency going up to many years to come. In fact, they are known to have a longer life span than most foam mattresses with their ability to regain shape even after many years of use.
- Cooling property: No matter what the weather, a latex mattress is sure to offer the same level of comfort and luxury feel consistent. The breathability of latex from the open cell structure allows for constant airflow between the sleeper’s body and mattress.
- Hypoallergenic: Beds that are not cleaned regularly can be host to allergens like mould, mildew, dust mites, etc from bacteria and fungi. Sleeping on such a mattress can be a nightmare for allergy-prone sleepers while also being unhygienic. A latex mattress is naturally antimicrobial making it an excellent choice for people who suffer from allergies or for those who prefer a low maintenance bed.
- Pain relief: The generous buoyant support of a latex mattress is beneficial for all types of sleepers. Especially those who suffer from chronic body pains and do not enjoy a pain-free nightcap when lying down. Latex foam gives a light contouring to the body that relieves any pressure points near joints and the lower back. The natural elasticity of latex helps maintain the natural S-curve of the spine starting from the neck to the lower back, thereby, alleviating pains.
- Eco–friendly: Natural latex is sourced from the sap of a rubber tree. These trees are not cut or damaged during the harvesting process and can easily produce sap for up to 30 years. Natural latex is also biodegradable which means, it won’t sit in a landfill as waste for years.
The Design for Healthy Sleep, Every Night
The design of a latex mattress is such that it gives you an even surface to sleep on in comparison to other types of mattresses. Sleep experts and mattress manufacturers like Wakefit have produced the perfect design using a 7 zone design where different densities of latex blocks are placed so each part of your body is provided with the right support. The central part of the mattress provides a higher level of support to the body’s heavier regions like hips and shoulders. Other areas that are meant to support thighs, feet, and neck are made to medium-soft providing easy support. Such intelligent design in a latex mattress conforms to unique weight zones of different types of bodies, giving a highly custom-made feel.
Latex mattresses are the perfect choice if you are someone who is environmentally conscious while wanting a mattress that supports your full body into a deep sleep. Clocking in the right amount of sleep every night is known to benefit human health in a variety of ways. It regulates stress hormones, allows you to think better, improves your mood, stays a healthy weight and so much more. Wake up rejuvenated, revived, happy and healthy, every night with a latex mattress.